Coeducational, Nursery, Pre-School, Junior, Senior, All Through, Full Boarding & Day
A small School, big on heart, big on ambition
• Scotland’s oldest boarding school, founded in 1827.
• One of UK’s leading independent boarding and day schools, welcoming girls and boys aged 0 to 18.
• Set in a safe, leafy, spacious, 85 acre campus in Musselburgh; the school enjoys all the advantages of its rural setting.
• Globally connected, with the convenience and opportunities of being just 9 kilometres / 6 miles from Edinburgh, its international airport, rail and road networks.
• Offering the traditional British / English curriculum of GCSEs and A-levels, and ranked in the top 7% of schools nationally for A-level.
• 97% of pupils enter the University of their choice, such as Oxford, Cambridge, St Andrews, and Durham.
• Welcoming about 600 pupils, 400 in the Senior School, 200 in the Junior School and Nursery.
• An excellent staff to pupil ratio (1:7).
• Boarders (75% of Senior School pupils) reside in six Houses with all they need to feel at home and benefit from excellent pastoral care.
• Every pupil is known personally, and can grow and develop wherever their interests lie.
• A distinctive emphasis on the full development of the individual in mind, body and spirit.
• Exceptional facilities, bespoke to learning and teaching, sport, drama, dance, art and music.
• A dedicated Sixth Form Centre
• Extensive Sports programme with specialised coaches in major sports including Cricket, Hockey, Lacrosse, Rugby and more
• An industry-leading Golf Academy with indoor and outdoor centres, providing every pupil with an unmatched opportunity to develop their talent.